Monday, December 14, 2009

It Can Be Scary to Revisit Your Old Goals


Last week I decided it was time to get a head start on my 2010 Goal setting session that I usually have in January.  I would venture to say that there are a lot of us that have them with ourselves in January.  So while brainstorming on what I really wanted out of the next 12 months I decided to take a moment and revisit an old Goal Board.  I still have my 2007 "Vision Board" and although it is a bit rough looking it did bring great joy to my heart when I sat down and took a look at it.

I almost could not contain my excitement - I just had to share with you the power of the mind.  Let me start by saying this board was up in my office for all of 2007, 2008 and the first couple of months of 2009.  I saw it daily, even if I weren't actually looking at it.  

1st - For a long time there actually were a pair of eyes up in the left top corner looking at me.  They stood for the eye correction surgery that I wanted to have to replace the glasses I had worn since 2nd grade.  I have dreamed of fixing my eyes for as long as I can remember.  But it wasn't until November of  2008 that it actually happened and I went from a person who couldn't see the BIG "E" on the top of the chart to having 20/20 vision.  Thanks Dr. Yokabitus at the Eye Clinic.


2nd - I wanted to write a book or some sort of informational product.  Well that has taken a bit longer but I am actually working on my book now and hopefully will be done by March and I am also cultivating a few ideas for informational products.  I would say that these goals will definitely be accomplished in 2010.


3rd - I wanted someone to write me a check for $1,000,000.  OK well that didn't happen exactly but we did sell our companies at the end of 2007 which allowed me to retire and have the money to live comfortably for a long time.  That was something I definitely couldn't have seen happening in January of 2007.  Oh by the way - this one is back on my 2010 Vision Board.


4th - A big bathtub.  In January of 2007 my house had the smallest 1957 bathtub in existence - ok that is just my opinion.  The tub was only 12 inches deep and it was so short you almost couldn't straighten your legs out.  Finally in January of 2009 I decided it was time to remodel my house and now I have a fabulously deep soaking tub in the spot that once was so cramped.


So as you can see these things did not all happen in 2007 but since the board stayed up through 2008 & 2009 they did all come closer to existence.  Time passes so quickly we should each take the time to focus on what we want out of life.  Be careful that you aren't focused on the wrong thing - what you don't want out of life.  So what is on the poster for 2010 - A Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, A Personal Assistant and A BIG Checking Account Balance, just to name a few.....










No comments:

Post a Comment